Shire horse PreviousNext
Give us a Home > Horses & Ponies >
Message/Author
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 9:07 pm
I am looking for a shire horse filly broken/unbroken must be free or chep i do have a shire so i do know what it takes to look after them if possable could be derlived as i have a horse box and not a lorry i will pay for fuel if anyone can help please can you get back to me if you can help
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 4:19 pm
You wont get one for free....for a filly your gonna have to dig into your pockets.
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 5:55 pm
i know i am hopeing that with how people are at this time with money there may be some one out there who is looking for a good home for one. i put filly but i donot mind if it is over 4years.
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 8:09 am
If it was a colt i would say you may have a chance, but with them being a rare breed as it is, so few of them around and you can X them with anything to get a really good horse out of it - Any fillys now will have lives as breeding horses and can be sold as such at the drop of a hat.

Elderley mares i have seen go for next to nothing as they are to old to breed from. Would they interest you or are you wanting to breed?

I do wish you luck and if you ever come across any filly or colts free to good home please let me know. I hate seeing where they end up in this climate and there's allways space for one more here. Good luck!
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 4:01 pm
yes a older one would be fine if you know of any then let me know thank you
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 9:03 pm
ill keep a look out...
Next message Hhsdiva (Hhsdiva) posted on Friday, October 09, 2009 - 9:05 pm
You do find them out there, but i think they are few and far between.
I rehomed a shire mare last summer for one of my liveries who no longer wanted her :-(
Thankfully i managed to find a lovely lady and she kept her at my yard so she is still with her old herd.

I seem to think i saw a shire or part bred shire the other day being sold as a broodmare on one of the websites. cant recall the price but it would have been on either horse-hunter, thehorseexchange, freeads.net or a similar site. Maybe try searching shire broodmare, think she was grey?
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 6:27 pm
i have seen them on these sits but there what about £2000 for them or more
Next message Hhsdiva (Hhsdiva) posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 11:25 pm
when i get chance i'll try and look through my internets history, i know i say a really cheap one, as the price suprised me :-)
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 1:17 pm
that would be great if you could thank you
Next message Caroleanne (Caroleanne) posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 8:27 pm
well good luk as you are asking for a wishing for somthin there arnt you....
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 12:46 pm
i have seen them going for free but by the time i get there i am to late because there are people who would sooner have a good home for there horse then look at it of away of getting some money.
Next message Hhsdiva (Hhsdiva) posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 10:18 pm
i havent had chance to look through my history but have just seen these 2 advertised:

http://www.horsehunter.co.uk/shire-mare-p-50845.htm £500 17hh 17yo

http://www.horsehunter.co.uk/gental-gaint-p-51041.htm £900 17.1 7yo
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Friday, October 16, 2009 - 7:59 pm
thank you will be ringing about the mare in a min
Next message Hhsdiva (Hhsdiva) posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 11:07 am
have you found one yet?

the shire rehomed last year on bahalf of a livery may be looking for a new owner! contact me if your still looking!
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 1:45 pm
No i have not be able to find one yet
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 5:17 pm
hhsdiva....

You may want to leave an email or something for them to get into contact?

Good luck ollymoon, really hope you find what you want. Im after an extremely cheap colt if one pops up aswell...hehe, there out there somewhere. Good luck!
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 3:52 pm
my email is dalzell519@btinternet.com what type of colt are you afert if it is a shire look on freeads.com there was one for £1000 a few weeks ago if it is a new frost i know were there are for £60
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 5:41 pm
yeh after a heavy draft breeds but not got the funding yet. I love the Comtois Filly on horsemart at the moment.

I have plenty of pony colts in at the moment looking for new homes (what i do...) but wanting a heavy breed for my mum but got loads of time to browse....Xmas is in the way at the moment!!!
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 8:21 pm
I know how you feel I am also looking for the horse that all people what a 15h cob type that will do what ever you ask and nevers does a thing wrong that anyone can ride and so I can ride out with my kids and not have to think about the horse I am on but can keep a good eye on them as all I have are young and are only know have a bridle on and also free dont think i am going to find this horse any were, and husband said no more horses but he said that afert tha frist one and i know have four,
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 10:05 pm
i have a 5 yr welsh cob that even though hasn't been long backed, has turned out to be safe as houses! passes anything on the roads and with any other horses, She's just safe n steady! brilliant little mare for sale.
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 1:09 pm
I would love to say yes i will came and have a look but with xmas only a faw weeks away don't have the funds at this time I also have three kids, thought i would say that shire not for me but for friend who has shires.Thank you very much got to ask how much?
Next message Olly_moon (Olly_moon) posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 6:37 pm
Sasca There is a 15h ID for sale at £500 on freeads.com
Next message Sasca (Sasca) posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 10:43 pm
hehe thanks but ive got two new mares maybe coming in so full up now (timing!) Will keep a look out next year for my little shire thing hehe.

She will probably still be here after xmas, the whole market has dropped before xmas (except the shetlands!)

Im asking OIR of £1500. Her price will go up to £1650 after we have successfully taken her to a local show and event etc. Its very cheap for her stamp of horse but with two new mares coming in, something has to move (allways the way) like i said though....very few people interested this time of year so get back to me when your ready if your like.

Let me know what shire ads you find though...even if its just to daydream at!
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action: